A picture of Ryan Gosling to ease the mundanity of our Privacy Notice page.
This privacy notice ("Notice") describes the manner in which FLICKS LTD of ("FLICKS", "we", "us" or "our") collects, uses, maintains, discloses and processes the information collected from visitors of the thisisflicks.co.uk website ("Site") (together referred to as "you" or "your").
At FLICKS, we're committed to keeping your information safe and secure, and handling it in accordance with applicable data protection laws. This Notice contains important information and we ask that you read it carefully. In this Notice, you can find more about:
- Our Cookie Notice.
- What personal information we collect and when and why we use it.
- How we protect and store personal information.
- How we share personal information within the Company and with our service providers, regulators and other third parties.
- Explaining more about Direct Marketing.
- Transferring personal information globally.
- Legal rights available to help manage your privacy.
- Contacting us.
OUR COOKIE NOTICE
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to/stored on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit a website. Cookies help us remember information about your visit to our Site, like your country, language and other settings. They can also help us to operate our Site more efficiently and make your next visit easier. Cookies can also allow us to do various other things, as we further explain below.
What cookies do we use?
When you visit our Site, the following cookies may be downloaded to your device:
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors/users of our Site and to see how such visitors/users move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
We use the following platforms, which place cookies on our Site for analytical / performance purposes:
* Google Analytics - Google Analytics allows us to track anonymous user movement and interaction on our Site, as well as monitoring how our Site works under high volume or stressed conditions. The types of aggregated events we track using Google Analytics include:
* Site user activity (which includes new users/returning users/length of visit/pages reviewed/bounce rate/referrals)
* Demographics (such as age/gender)
* Geo Location data/language
* Platform (such as browser/network/device)
To enrich our content, we sometimes embed social options, photos and video content from websites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, YouTube may set a cookie. Please note that we do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website, such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, for more information about their cookies.
How can you turn off cookies?
If you do not want us to install cookies or you don’t agree to how we use them in any way, you can change the settings on your internet browser or reject cookies. The "Help" section of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including those cookies that are strictly necessary for the administration and operation of our Site) you may experience reduced functionality or not be able to access all or parts of our Site. Further information may be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHEN AND WHY WE USE IT
We collect your IP address from you if you visit our site. If you visit our Site, your IP address is processed in realtime, and not stored, to determine your location. We use your IP address to personalise site content, and as detailed below.
FLICKS uses personal information to:
* personalize your experience of our Site. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how users of our Site, as a group, use the Services and resources provided on our Site
* improve our Site. We may use feedback from you to improve our Services
* send periodic emails and information. For example, we may use your email address to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests, arrange a demo of our Services or send you newsletters (as applicable)
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, technical, organisational and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of the personal information that you share with us. For example, such measures include:
* placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers;
* destroying or permanently anonymising personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
* following security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access to it; and
* using secure communication channels such as SSL ("secure sockets layer") for transmitting data that is sent to us. SSL is an industry standard encryption protocol used to protect online transaction channels.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
We will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this Notice. Where your information is no longer needed, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner. In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax and accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
Nevertheless, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information. If you have any questions about how we store your personal information, please contact us via the contact details set out below.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
* with other companies within our group where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with our Services or to manage our business. Click here for a list of our group companies;
* with service providers who help manage our business and deliver services. These service providers have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include Amazon Web Services and MailChimp;
* with government organisations and agencies, law enforcement, regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
* we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to our Site, traffic patterns, and Site usage with our partners, affiliates or advertisers.
If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets.
We do not control the content or links that appear when you interact with other entities, including when you leave our Sites, and we are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to, or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies. This Notice does not apply to your use of any third-party websites.
EXPLAINING MORE ABOUT DIRECT MARKETING
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our Services
We may use personal information to let you know about Services that we believe will be of interest to you and/or provide you with our newsletter. We may contact you by email or post, or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
*we will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
* you can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time - you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by following the "unsubscribe" link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us via email: email@example.com. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g. email); and
* you can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser as explained in Our Cookie Notice.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms as well as your preferences within your account with us.
TRANFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION GLOBALLY
We operate on a global basis. Accordingly, as part of our business activities, your personal information may be transferred and stored in countries outside of the country you are located in, including Europe, the United States and New Zealand, that are subject to different standards of data protection.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and transfers are limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights. To this end:
* we ensure transfers within our group of companies will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of our group of companies (an intra-group agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that personal information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within our group of companies;
* where we transfer your personal information outside our group of companies or to third parties who help provide our Services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws, regulations and regulatory guidance. These transfers will take place on the basis of an approved data transfer mechanism, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses and EU Commission Decision on Adequacy (see country details here).; or
* where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any personal information are disclosed.
You have a right to Contact Us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above.
* To access personal information
* To rectify / erase personal information
* To restrict the processing of your personal information
* To transfer your personal information
* To object to the processing of personal information
* To object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
* To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
* To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
If you wish to access any of the above-mentioned rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by Contacting Us. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
* it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
* you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
* following a successful right to object (see Right to object); or
* it has been processed unlawfully; or
* to comply with a legal obligation to which FLICKS is subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
* for compliance with a legal obligation; or
* for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
* its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
* the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
* it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
* you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
* we have your consent; or
* to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
* to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
* the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
* the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
* You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes.
* You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Flicks may update this Notice at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we may use and protect the personal information we collect. If we make fundamental changes to this Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our Site or by email.
Our Compliance Officer has ultimate responsibility for making sure that Flicks Notice and any applicable laws are complied with. Our Compliance Officer can be contacted by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this Notice, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement), which in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority.
This privacy and cookies notice was last updated: 22 February 2021